Downloading from BBVA

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to add BBVA USA account.

Comments

• Bogey1023
    Bogey1023 Member
    I'm trying to download checking account transactions from BBVA USA with no luck. I've registered with BBVA and still cannot connect. When I go to the BBVA website, I got three download options; CSV, EXCEL and PDF. No option for Quicken. Can any of these file formats be converted to Quicken?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bogey1023 said:
    I'm trying to download checking account transactions from BBVA USA with no luck.
    To clarify - you are trying to setup Quicken with - Add Account for BBVA - which entry have you tried ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    @Bogey1023 - Sorry to hear you are having difficulty setting up BBVA USA for download.  I've been downloading from BBVA into Quicken for the last 12 yrs or so with very few issues.  BBVA offers only 1 connection method...Direct Connect (DC)...which tends to be very reliable.  As long as you have Quicken registered with your online account you should be able to set up DC.
    A couple of things:
    • When you try Add Account, are you able to complete the process and establish a connection?  You can confirm whether or not a connection has been established on the Online Services tab of Account Details.
    • When you try to set up BBVA or run OSU are you getting an error code/message? If so, what does it say?
    • Do you have your BBVA account already set up in Quicken as a manual account?  If so, go to the General tab of Account Details and make sure all the Financial Institution fields do not have anything in them.

Bogey1023 said:
    When I go to the BBVA website, I got three download options; CSV, EXCEL and PDF. No option for Quicken. Can any of these file formats be converted to Quicken?
    BBVA does not provide Web Connect (WC) downloads in QFX format.  The short answer to your question is "Maybe".  There is no way to import the PDF format at all.  There is no way to directly import CSV and Excel files into Quicken but there might be a way to modify the file so it can be imported.  A Quicken user and Community member developed a freeware program called ImportQIF that has "...the advanced features of automatically importing the converted QIF file into Quicken and also to convert from OFX (MS Money), QFX, CSV, Excel files into QIF files."  I have not actually tried using the program myself but others in this Community have said it works well.  If you want to try it, you can download it from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ and maybe it will help you to be able to import the CSV or Excel file data into Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.