Cursor jumps to date

Options
When I complete an entry and then click the category line on the next entry line, the cursor hops to the dateline. Then I have to click back to category. Occasionally, I haven't caught it and I start typing over the date, which then moves the whole entry to somewhere. Any thoughts on why this happening?

Best Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @salmig

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that your mouse jumps over to the date column. Has it done this previously or is this new? Nothing should cause this to happen so I'm wondering if you've seen this in any other program as well. 

My other thought is that it could be hitting a button like tab or enter but I'm not sure if that is the case. Once you do get the chance let us know more and we'll see what we can find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    I have no difficulty reproducing the issue.  It appears to be the result of the explicit or implicit Save.
  • salmig
    salmig Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After trying different variations, it only occurs after I enter or change a category on one entry, then click on the category or even tag on another entry line. The cursor jumps automatically right to the date of the new entry line. It even does so if I change or add an entry into the tag column. I guess during those few seconds of saving the old entry, it defaults to going to the date box on the new entry line one clicks. I'll just have to be cognizant of this happening, wait, then click the category box again to send the cursor back there from the date. Thank you all for the quick replies.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @salmig

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that your mouse jumps over to the date column. Has it done this previously or is this new? Nothing should cause this to happen so I'm wondering if you've seen this in any other program as well. 

My other thought is that it could be hitting a button like tab or enter but I'm not sure if that is the case. Once you do get the chance let us know more and we'll see what we can find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    I have no difficulty reproducing the issue.  It appears to be the result of the explicit or implicit Save.
  • salmig
    salmig Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After trying different variations, it only occurs after I enter or change a category on one entry, then click on the category or even tag on another entry line. The cursor jumps automatically right to the date of the new entry line. It even does so if I change or add an entry into the tag column. I guess during those few seconds of saving the old entry, it defaults to going to the date box on the new entry line one clicks. I'll just have to be cognizant of this happening, wait, then click the category box again to send the cursor back there from the date. Thank you all for the quick replies.
This discussion has been closed.