Both Sides of transaction not showing

I have a checking account and a HELOC account set up as a credit account. When the automatic update happened, the payment was recorded as a credit out of the bank account, but didn't show up in my HELOC account. If I add it to my HELOC account, it double records in the bank account. Any ideas how to fix?
Thank you!

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The payment transaction should be a transfer from the bank account to the credit account.  If not, I suggest you edit the payment transaction appropriately.  If the transaction is entered correctly as a transfer to the credit account but does not appear in the credit account, I suggest you delete the payment transaction and reenter it.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The payment transaction should be a transfer from the bank account to the credit account.  If not, I suggest you edit the payment transaction appropriately.  If the transaction is entered correctly as a transfer to the credit account but does not appear in the credit account, I suggest you delete the payment transaction and reenter it.
  • LauraS
    LauraS Member
    Thank you. I ended up deleting the transaction on the bank account side and reentering it appropriately. I then went back and marked the bank account transaction as reconciled since they had been in a reconciled status. I think it worked. Thank you for your insight!
This discussion has been closed.