QFX files - download and integration in Quicken

Options
I’ve been using Quicken for 25 years and ALWAYS downloaded QFX files with no issues.. With recent Quicken renewal (April 2021), I have problems with downloading QFX files. I thought that it would be resolved by now, still not working. I download a QFX file, I know it is in my computer but nothing happen in Quicken even if I try to import the file from File – File Import – WebConnet.
And I can't manually import either. I select the QFX file from my downloads folder and try to import. Nothing happens. Any ideas?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If nothing appears to happen when you use File > File Import > Web Connect (.QFX) File... and open the file, I suggest you review the contents of the QFX file.  If the file does include new transactions, it's possible the financial institution is reusing the FITID field.  If so, you can save a backup (press Ctrl + B), deactivate the Online Services of the original register, and attempt import the QFX file into a new register.  If successful, you may move the transactions from the original register into the new register, reset any reminders and memorized payees referencing the original register, delete the original register, and rename the new register.
  • Migolf
    Migolf Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did the back-up, deactivated one account, redid the one-step sync (or the set-up.. Nothing works.. Very disapointed.. I Used Quicken for 20+ years.. never has an issue like this.. Now I am coping the transaction on an excel file, then manually entering every transaction .. No fun at all.. Please help!
  • Migolf
    Migolf Member ✭✭
    Options
    For whatever reasons, magic happened.. I signed out, then signed in.. Did not work.. But then I tried again and it worked.. on various accounts.. Cannot explain what happened but I am happy!
This discussion has been closed.