Skip Printing Checks

I dont use Quicken to print checks. How do I skip this step so the reminders to print checks go away!
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Vincent@PH

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

May I ask that you please navigate to the top of the Quicken screen and select Tools > Memorized Payee List. On this screen, can you locate one of the payees that you reminded to write a check for? What is the payment method that is listed?

Are you able to edit the type of transaction at all? Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trigger to make Quicken want to print checks is found in your account registers. Look in either the Check # or Reference # column(*) for transactions containing the word "Print". Blank it out and save the transactions.
    Similar to what @Quicken_Tyka pointed out for memorized transactions, Scheduled Reminders can also contain a setting to "print a check". Remove the checkmark.
    Generally, before saving a new transaction make sure there's no "Print" in the Check # column.

(*)
    Checking accounts have a Check # column. Other account types have an optional Reference # column. If this column does not show in the register then you can add it using the Register columns button.
  • JedDixon
    JedDixon Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    @Quicken_Tyka and @UKR, thank you both for your solutions. I had the same question as Vincent@PH and can confirm that removing the word "Print" from the Check# column fixed the issue for me.
This discussion has been closed.