Slow transactions (Q Mac)

Options
markdhamill
markdhamill Member ✭✭
I've noticed lately that Quicken is very slow when I add new transactions. It doesn't seem to be related to the size of the account. It takes 15-20 seconds after clicking the Add button for a new transaction row to show. It takes 10-15 seconds after entering return for the transaction to save.

It may have something to do with the size of my database, which goes back to 1990! On the other hand, it wasn't noticeable before. Not that it was instantaneous, but it generally took only a second or two.

I assume this is a bug? Is there some strategy for speeding this up?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Please check to see if you have any open reports in windows which are hidden behind the main Quicken window. That can cause the exact results you're seeing. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • markdhamill
    markdhamill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bingo! That's it! Thanks so much!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Glad that's all it was!

If it's any consolation, this problem seems to hit many users. Even though I'm conscious of it, I'm sometimes surprised to see I have one or more reports open in the background. I think Quicken needs something in the user interface to make it apparent when there are windows open, since it's easy for them to become hidden behinds the main window. You can aways pull down the Windows menu to see if there are open windows -- but you have to be thinking you need to do that; I think there needs to tabs or something on the main screen to provide a visual cue. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.