I'm getting an "Update Quicken" message on my home screen.

Every time I turn on my computer I'm getting a Quicken Update message. I've never seen an update message before opening Quicken. Has anyone seen this - Is it legit?

Best Answer

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If it's the pop-up message that appears at Windows start-up asking for Quicken password, then it would appear you have selected Scheduled updates. Your password is required for this option to work.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If it's the pop-up message that appears at Windows start-up asking for Quicken password, then it would appear you have selected Scheduled updates. Your password is required for this option to work.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    It does ask for "Vault Password" so I'll take my chances. I've not recovered yet from the error which threw off my bank balances. That took 2 boxes of Nicotine Gum and I still have one checking account which won't balance. HOPEFULLY this update will fix that. Thanks!
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    It did update from R33.19 to R33.22 - BUT the program still isn't working properly. My ending balance is suppose to be 2,005.54 It was 2035.54 because I made an entry for $30 to balance last month. When I deleted the + $30 transaction want to guess what the ending balance was? - - 2035.54. It failed to recalculate the total.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    I exited the program and logged back in now the ending balance shows 2,005.54.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    I'm to tired - Its still 2035.54. I suppose another update is due.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm to tired - Its still 2035.54. I suppose another update is due.

Once a Quicken data file has been corrupted by adding, changing or deleting transactions erroneously, a software fix may prevent the error from occurring again, but it won't magically fix any of the messed up transactions. I'm afraid, you'll have to fix those yourself.
    As an alternative, you can consider restoring your Quicken data file from one of your recent backups. Review the restored data. If necessary, restore successively older backups until you find a file that hasn't been damaged and bring that one up to date.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    edited May 22
    [Removed-Rant/Disruptive]