Why can't Quicken have real time stock quotes in portfolio view rather than 15 minute delays

Portfolio view is really useful but it would be better if stck quotes were in real time
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I say it comes down to one thing, cost.  It would certainly cost more to have real time quotes.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Quicken DOES allow real time quotes ... if YOUR brokerage firm provides such.
    Mine does.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure why you need real time quotes in Quicken anyway.  I update at the end of the day.  If I need to see “real time” data I log into my brokerage accounts.   On top of that, most people have mutual funds which are only updated at the end of the day. 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    Quicken DOES allow real time quotes ... if YOUR brokerage firm provides such.
    Mine does.
    But just to clarify - you mean if you use OSU and checkmark your brokerage account for downloading -
    vs just checkmarking the Download Quotes box

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW if asked I doubt there are many Quicken customers that would answer yes to this question:
    "Would you pay more for Quicken to have real time quotes?"

Quicken isn't a "trade platform" no one should executing trades based on what they see in their portfolio if they are in the least big concerned about the price.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Anytime that I download quotes, I get the same values that my Fido account shows on the web. Fido has real time quotes as a benefit of my balances with them.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP