How to delete a Check to Print

All of a sudden a few weeks ago an icon showed up by my Checking Account in Quicken Deluxe. It says there is a Check to Print. I don't print checks. How can I delete this reminder? Thanks.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Look for Print or PRN in the check # field on a transaction.  Delete "Print".
  • djsomers
    djsomers Member ✭✭
    Thanks! When I do this I get the window, "Do you want to Delete this transaction?" I was afraid to confirm, thinking it may delete the transaction in my Checking register. If I click "Delete", will it ONLY delete the check? Sorry for my lack of knowledge and thanks for your help, and patience with me!
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no.  Just blank out the word Print from that field.   Then save the transaction.  Do not delete the whole transaction!
  • djsomers
    djsomers Member ✭✭
    I didn't, thank goodness!
    "Print" under Type won't let me do anything to it. Underneath, it has a New Check field since I haven't written any checks. When I click on New Check or Send, it says I have to add a Payee. I just want to delete the whole "Write Checks: My Checking" window, but see no way to do it.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You can't go to that transaction in the register?  The click on the type box and just hit the space bar to blank it out.  Or type in a check #.