How to delete a Check to Print

All of a sudden a few weeks ago an icon showed up by my Checking Account in Quicken Deluxe. It says there is a Check to Print. I don't print checks. How can I delete this reminder? Thanks.

Best Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't go to that transaction in the register?  The click on the type box and just hit the space bar to blank it out.  Or type in a check #.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Just to clear things up:
    Using the Write Checks dialog you can't get rid of the "Print" flag directly.

What you can do is:
    • Click on the check in the list to highlight it, then click the ">" button that just appeared on the right side of the line and select Delete or Void from the popup.
    • If you need to retain the transaction as a valid register transaction, just not a printable check, do this:
      Right-click on the check in the list to get a different popup from which you select "View in the register".
      When in the register view do as @volvogirl suggested: Blank out the word "Print" in the Check # field and save the transaction.
    If you get "Check to Print" in an account type other than a checking account:
    The Check # field in non-checking type accounts is called "Reference #". Add this column to your register. Now you can do as above, edit the transaction, blank out "Print" in the Reference # field and save the transaction.

Answers

• volvogirl
    Look for Print or PRN in the check # field on a transaction.  Delete "Print".

• djsomers
    djsomers Member ✭✭
    Thanks! When I do this I get the window, "Do you want to Delete this transaction?" I was afraid to confirm, thinking it may delete the transaction in my Checking register. If I click "Delete", will it ONLY delete the check? Sorry for my lack of knowledge and thanks for your help, and patience with me!
  • volvogirl
    Oh no.  Just blank out the word Print from that field.   Then save the transaction.  Do not delete the whole transaction!

• djsomers
    djsomers Member ✭✭
    I didn't, thank goodness!
    "Print" under Type won't let me do anything to it. Underneath, it has a New Check field since I haven't written any checks. When I click on New Check or Send, it says I have to add a Payee. I just want to delete the whole "Write Checks: My Checking" window, but see no way to do it.
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    You can't go to that transaction in the register?  The click on the type box and just hit the space bar to blank it out.  Or type in a check #.  

• bhman79
    bhman79 Member
    You may have to go into checking settings and make your check number visibile!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Just to clear things up:
    Using the Write Checks dialog you can't get rid of the "Print" flag directly.

What you can do is:
    • Click on the check in the list to highlight it, then click the ">" button that just appeared on the right side of the line and select Delete or Void from the popup.
    • If you need to retain the transaction as a valid register transaction, just not a printable check, do this:
      Right-click on the check in the list to get a different popup from which you select "View in the register".
      When in the register view do as @volvogirl suggested: Blank out the word "Print" in the Check # field and save the transaction.
    If you get "Check to Print" in an account type other than a checking account:
    The Check # field in non-checking type accounts is called "Reference #". Add this column to your register. Now you can do as above, edit the transaction, blank out "Print" in the Reference # field and save the transaction.

• djsomers
    djsomers Member ✭✭
    Thanks for all of your help. Sorry I was so dense. I finally got it taken care of.
  • The suggestion does clear it in the register, but in the Manage My Accounts it continues to read Need TO Print.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The suggestion does clear it in the register, but in the Manage My Accounts it continues to read Need TO Print.

Might there be more than one check marked to "Print"?
    Sort the register by Check # and scroll thru the list, to see if there are others marked "Print".
  • djsomers
    djsomers Member ✭✭
    Got it taken care of. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.