Email not updating in Quicken profile

I have the identical issue described in this post: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888791/email-not-updating-in-quicken-profile

I have signed out and back in. The email address field in the preferences/profile is an old email address that is different from my quicken ID. Emails related to billing, etc. go to the old email address. There appears to be now way to fix this. Anyone had this issue resolved by Quicken?

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @network1

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with updating the email address associated with your Quicken ID profile and that support was unable to resolve this.

I should be able to resolve this pretty quickly and have sent you a private message with some additional details.  Please reply to that message at your earliest convenience, thank you.

Sarah

Answers

• LloydW
    LloydW Member ✭✭
    I just chatted with quicken and got the following response (for those who also encounter this issue): "I found that we’re still working on it, I’m going to save your email and categorize your case and as soon as we get a resolution We’ll be in touch via Email."
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @LloydW

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response and that your contact with Quicken Care was unable to resolve this issue.

I would like to look into this matter further and have sent you a private message to your community inbox, please reply to that message at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • network1
    network1 Member ✭✭
    This thread seems to be the latest thread that refers to the "email not updating along with Quicken ID" issue. Here are two other threads with the same or similar issues:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20180173
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888791/email-not-updating-in-quicken-profile

The changelog for Quicken shows a recent bug fix for the same or related issue to the above. However, it does not fix the bug in my case. I contacted Quicken again for help, but they had me repeat the troubleshooting steps which do not work. If you have the same bug, then it may help to ask the support staff to refer the bug to the people who handle software development. There are at least two tiers of support staff. I have had the issue for several months and spoken to staff by phone and the chat session.

The result of the bug is that my emails will be sent to my old and inactive email address. I confirmed this before the old email account became inactive.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello @network1

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with updating the email address associated with your Quicken ID profile and that support was unable to resolve this.

I should be able to resolve this pretty quickly and have sent you a private message with some additional details.  Please reply to that message at your earliest convenience, thank you.

Sarah
  • network1
    network1 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Thank you for the kind help, Ms. Sarah! The issue is now resolved. The email is updated and associated with the Quicken ID. I have used Quicken for many years and it continues to offer a software package that is reliable and invaluable for money management.
This discussion has been closed.