Transfer shows the same account in Category

Options
itstsw
itstsw Member
how can I get each account to show the other account instead of the same account?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I'm not understanding your question. The Transfer field, if you have it visible, should show the account you are transferring to/from. If it doesn't, did you enter it wrong? I'm not sure I understand how you have a transfer to the same account you're in.

As a note: the same account you specify in the Transfer field will show in the Category field as "Transfer:[Account name]". This makes having the Transfer field in your register somewhat optional, as you can enter a transfer from the Category field if you prefer. There is one specific advantage of having the Transfer field visible: it has a one-click button on the right side to jump to the transaction in the other account.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are these transfer transactions generated as a result of downloaded transfer transactions, automatically added by Quicken as an attempt to do something (but incorrectly)?

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the download process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the download process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts and not create new problems.

This discussion has been closed.