Why would a balance in account list not match the balance in the register

bassemir
bassemir Member ✭✭
One of my accounts shows money in that account, however if I open that account and look at the register, the last balance is $0.0. I can not determine where Quicken is pulling that balance from.

The account in question is an old account with Fidelity. Fidelity shows a zero balance, but for some reason, my account list still shows a balance.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go back to the last sale, for each security previously in the account, and change the transaction to a "Sell All".
    Q recently expanded the number of digits available to a security quantity ... and I suspect that you've got an itty-bitty bit of the security remaining.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bassemir
    bassemir Member ✭✭
    thanks for the answer. I could not find a "sell all" option and this account had many different securities that were sold and moved to a new managed account. I went back through back up files to find a clue as to what happened. Apparently the account in question had a mismatch in the number of shares of securities between quicken and my financial institution. Since Quicken thought I had more shares, those securities were adding $$ to my account. Once I fixed those mismatches, the problem was solved.

Thanks again for the response.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for future reference, here's the "Sell All" function:

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bassemir
    bassemir Member ✭✭
    ahhh good to know, thanks
This discussion has been closed.