Missing Payees

I've been using Quicken for 15+ years and currently am subscribed to receive all the updates (I'm not a new user and my Quicken app is up-to-date). A couple of weeks ago my bank updated it's online banking software. Since then, the payee information is no longer included in all my downloaded bank transactions, only the memo information. When I accept a transaction into my register, the payee field is blank. I have to accept each transaction, find it in the register, copy the payee name from the memo, and paste it into the payee field before I accept the next transaction. I have deleted all my renaming rules to see if that would resolve the issue, but the problem still occurs. How can I fix this issue?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Deleting your renaming rules seems backwards of what you want to do, instead you probably needed to update them.

Since your financial institution has shifted the payee information to the memo you need to use renaming rules to set your payee.  Even though the renaming rule says "if payee contains" it actually will look at the memo and try to match based on that too.

Note there is also "If Quicken name is" this is stated as trying to match to a name for payees in the Quicken server database.  I think it depends on what information they get from the financial institution if this will kick in and do something different, but if doesn't kick in it behaves just like "If payee contains".

One other thing to note the "contains" works on "words" so if they do something like Payee34343 it will not match using Payee.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pmcco1214
    pmcco1214 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your quick response. I'd read in another post that renaming rules could cause a problem so I took the opportunity to clean them all out and start fresh. I will add them as I go when I do my next set of downloads and see if that helps. I didn't know that the rules also look at the memo field and that is very helpful information. I hope it will resolve my issue, although it will take time to build the new rules. Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The problems that renaming rules can cause are usually the opposite.  As in you have a renaming rule that is too generic and as such it renames payees that it shouldn't.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/