What's the most secure way to download my FI Checking, Savings, and Credit Card transactions?

oldngrmpy1
oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
Web connect, Express web connect, Direct connect and Manually entering transactions, what is most secure, least secure, all in between and why, considering the state of the state in Quicken.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In my opinion, manual entry is the most secure method as there is no additional exposure.  The Web Connect connection method would be next most secure approach as we're authenticating directly with the financial institution.  Direct Connect would follow closely behind Web Connect as we're still authenticating directly with a server maintained by the financial institution.  Express Web Connect would be the least secure as we're providing our financial institution account credentials to third-party service providers.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Agree completely with Sherlock,  it is a matter of how many entities are in the process and he spelled it correctly.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In my opinion, manual entry is the most secure method as there is no additional exposure.  The Web Connect connection method would be next most secure approach as we're authenticating directly with the financial institution.  Direct Connect would follow closely behind Web Connect as we're still authenticating directly with a server maintained by the financial institution.  Express Web Connect would be the least secure as we're providing our financial institution account credentials to third-party service providers.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Agree completely with Sherlock,  it is a matter of how many entities are in the process and he spelled it correctly.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.