Why are you requesting login to Windows Quicken?

After all the years that I've used Quicken I've never had a password AND you have never asked me for one! Why are you suddenly asking for a login/sign-in now? It is a big annoyance in order to get the program loaded!!! And yes, it now takes forever (seemingly) for the program to load vs very fast loading in the past!!

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Fred Gladden

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the sign in. I'm wondering here if the program might think you're not signed in causing the issue you're having. We may need to sign in and out to see if we're able to fix the issue.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A request for a password when  none was previously in use indicates that you Q data file is significantly corrupted ... which would also explain the change in speed of loading.
    SO,
    • Hold down the CTRL key while you click on the Q program icon to start it.
    • ONLY the FILE and Help menus will be available
    • Click FILE, Backup and Restore, Restore from  Backup file.
    • If that file also exhibits the problem, restore progressively older files until you find one that works.
    • You can probably re-download to catch-up on many/most transactions ... but you'll have to manually re-input any that were originally manual.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Fred Gladden
    Fred Gladden Member ✭✭
    Thank you NotACPA,
    the slow load has been going on since an update back in 2019. The request for a password sign in just started with the latest update last week. I don't save backup files for more than a month, so the slow load isn't going to be helped by restoring back up files. I've recently searched for data going back 7 years and haven't had any problems; in fact I just caught the bank in an error of missing data from last year!
    Guess the real question is why are you just now requesting a password login when you've never asked for one in the past 20 years I've been using the program???
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you asked for a password for your Quicken data file or your Quicken ID?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Fred Gladden
    Fred Gladden Member ✭✭
    Quicken ID password.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @Fred Gladden

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the sign in. I'm wondering here if the program might think you're not signed in causing the issue you're having. We may need to sign in and out to see if we're able to fix the issue.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Fred Gladden
    Fred Gladden Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Francisco, the sign in and out did seem to fix the problem. It also cause a new look to appear in my Home display. I'm guessing there must have been an update that signed me out.
    Thank you again.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Fred Gladden

Glad to hear it worked for you. I'm wondering what might of changed on the home display but it's difficult to say without seeing it firsthand. In any case we should be able to customize it back to where you were previously so it shouldn't be much of an issue. If you have any questions please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.