My bank password

When trying to set up online for my bank I am told my bank requires me to change my password. When I do, it requires a special character,  when I then attempt to enter this in Quicken it does not allow special characters. Any way around this. 

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    How do I refresh my financial institution information in Quicken?

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What download method are you using with your bank?  Do TOOLS, Account List and look in the "Transaction Download" column for this info.
    A few special symbols aren't permitted by Q (others may be disallowed by your bank) because they interfere with the Express Web Connect download method which is HTML based.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• stropejl
    stropejl Member ✭✭
    Express web.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a search, a the top of the home page, for "special characters" (without the quotes).  There are numerous discussions re: prohibited characters.  But they are few (6 or so).  All of the others ARE permitted by Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP