help with categorizing

pdxmaven
pdxmaven Member ✭✭
I am running into this problem I can't figure out how to automate - or if I can:
I have several different accounts, and pretty religiously use only that account for transactions related to that account
But Quicken sees them all the same, if the merchant or "activity" is the same.
For example, mobile deposits.
If I make a mobile deposit into my business account, it's a payment to me and income for my taxes.
If I make a mobile deposit into my personal account, it could be for any reason but rarely income for my taxes
Is there a way to at least automate categorizing the mobile deposits into my business account and only my business account?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Can you show us image snapshots of how these mobile deposits appear in your account registers?
    Are they all using the exact same Payee Name and Memo text? Or is there a difference between a business and a personal deposit ... something one could key a Renaming Rule on?
    It may be necessary for you to manually record appropriate register transactions with distinct Payee Names in Quicken BEFORE you download and accept these deposit transactions from the bank, giving each a proper Payee Name, Memo and Category. That way you have what you need and you can easily accept/match the download to the already existing correct register transaction.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to note, Quicken's renaming rules/memorized payees are "global" so there isn't any way to automate this based on the account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/