Which Quicken File did Quicken open (Q Mac 2007)

Options
Mike34
Mike34 Member ✭✭
I have multiple Quicken data files on in the Documents folder of my Mac. Plus I have others saved on an external storage device. How can I tell which one Quicken opened when I launched it? Running Q for Mac 2007

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken 2007, open the Accounts window. The name of the file which is open will be in the title bar of that window (e.g. "My Finances.qdfm: Accounts").

Hopefully that information will allow you to find the file which is open, or narrow it down based on the date stamp of the files. If you aren't sure, enter a dummy transaction, then try opening the files in the Finder until you find the one with your dummy transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken 2007, open the Accounts window. The name of the file which is open will be in the title bar of that window (e.g. "My Finances.qdfm: Accounts").

Hopefully that information will allow you to find the file which is open, or narrow it down based on the date stamp of the files. If you aren't sure, enter a dummy transaction, then try opening the files in the Finder until you find the one with your dummy transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mike34
    Mike34 Member ✭✭
    Options
    perfect. Found it in the title bar of the accounts window, just like you said. thank you!
This discussion has been closed.