Which Quicken File did Quicken open (Q Mac 2007)

Mike34
Mike34 Member ✭✭
I have multiple Quicken data files on in the Documents folder of my Mac. Plus I have others saved on an external storage device. How can I tell which one Quicken opened when I launched it? Running Q for Mac 2007

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    In Quicken 2007, open the Accounts window. The name of the file which is open will be in the title bar of that window (e.g. "My Finances.qdfm: Accounts").

Hopefully that information will allow you to find the file which is open, or narrow it down based on the date stamp of the files. If you aren't sure, enter a dummy transaction, then try opening the files in the Finder until you find the one with your dummy transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    In Quicken 2007, open the Accounts window. The name of the file which is open will be in the title bar of that window (e.g. "My Finances.qdfm: Accounts").

Hopefully that information will allow you to find the file which is open, or narrow it down based on the date stamp of the files. If you aren't sure, enter a dummy transaction, then try opening the files in the Finder until you find the one with your dummy transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mike34
    Mike34 Member ✭✭
    perfect. Found it in the title bar of the accounts window, just like you said. thank you!