Why does credit card payment require a zip code?????

kingfish
kingfish Member
edited May 2022 in Before you Buy
Wont take master card with out entry for zip--- won't accept canadian postal code
Bad Bad web site needs work in the worst way

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Are you trying to buy on the Canadian site or the US?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Leelo
    Leelo Member
    Usually it's to fight fraud. If you lose your physical card, and don't report it for whatever reason, the person who finds it may not know what zip it registered to that card. It might prevent the card from being used.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    A zip code match is very standard for almost all online purchases, at least in the US.

The web site is probably designed for US-only purchases because there's a separate side for Canadian purchases.

That said, you might just try picking a valid US zip code at random to see if your purchase goes through or if it blocks you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kingfish

Thank you for reporting this issue to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I have reported this behavior to our teams for further investigation and resolution, unfortunately though I do not have an ETA on when this will be resolved.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with making the purchase.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-2573)
This discussion has been closed.