Incorrect payee name

When I reconcile a credit account to pay the bill, an incorrect name is entered into the Payee field. Evidently when I changed the name on the account (a long time ago), it kept the old Payee, but I can't figure out how to change it.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello MHart, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with the incorrect payee name(s). I would recommend accessing the memorized payee list to change the incorrect payee. 

For access to this master list select Tools >Memorized Payee List. Once you select the incorrect payee from the list, simply right-click on it to edit. For more information on how to use your Memorized Payee List click here

Hope this provides you with clarity. Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Paloma that doesn't sound like the right place to check to me.

The Memorized payee list is used to select the category, not the payee name.

@MHart check your renaming rules (Tools -> Renaming Rules).  There should be a renaming rule with a payee of the one that got assigned to the payee field in your transaction.  If you expand that renaming rule it will give what it is using for matching to decide if the downloaded payee name should be changed.

Note the renaming rules change payee names which have to be exactly the same except for case to match the payee name in the memorized payee list, which then uses the category in that entry to fill in the category.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/