Edward Jones Stopped Downloading?

2»

Answers

• wellthereitis
    wellthereitis Member ✭✭
    Same with T. Rowe Price - system updated today to R34.24 and now downloads fail with T. Rowe Price accounts. This happened several months ago and a subsequent upgrade fixed the issue. This is getting highly annoying Quicken.
  • wellthereitis
    wellthereitis Member ✭✭
    To add to my prior comments, in R34.24 if I try to update my password for T. Rowe Price in the Password Vault I get the message "The information Quicken has from T. Rowe Price Brokerage is that the password can be no longer than 10 characters long. Enter Ok try again."

Two issues with this: First is my password is 20 plus characters long and second is it works on the T. Rowe Price website so they do accept more than 10 characters. In addition, this is the same incorrect message I received with the earlier version that broke downloads earlier this year and was subsequently fixed by Quicken with a subsequent release".

Can you say code control Quicken? Obviously it's lacking as the same bugs keep being re-introduced. And opening a new file did not help the last time. Time to step up and own your problems by resolving them and ensuring code control so that old buggy code is not re-used.
  • BeckyS
    BeckyS Member
    I'm having the same problem with my Edward Jones and Vanguard downloads. It keeps saying my password has been changed but it has not. This is getting very old. Please fix this or I will cancel. Quicken is supposed to help organize me and save time, and it's not doing that. I've used Quicken since 1994, so that should indicate my level of frustration.
  • lsmith
    lsmith Member
    Been having the same issue with T. Rowe Price retirement accounts since May. Tried the password reset and while it said it downloaded the detailed transactions, there were none that came over. pretty frustrating
  • ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    @quicken_anja can you please chime in and let us know what is being done? It will be a month on Tuesday since this thread started.
  • spritch
    spritch Member
    Just turned off the auto renew on my Quicken account. I will be seeing what else is available before my account expires. I am having the same Edward Jones problems for a month now. Deleted accounts and tried to add as new accounts with no luck. Not worth the money if it doesn't work and it appears it isn't only Edward Jones.
  • japander
    japander Member ✭✭
    Mine has been working since I called Edward Jones this last week. If you have not done that, I would do that first before doing anything else.
  • ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    I could but Quicken should be taking care of this. From the Quicken "CEO Update | Summer 2021":

"Quicken for Windows, our most widely used product, has been transformed from a complete but dated-looking and somewhat fragile piece of software into a reliable, modern personal finance application with many of the kinks ironed out — and we’re hard at work on the remaining ones."

Well, here's one to iron out.
  • japander
    japander Member ✭✭
    Well you can take that stance and wait or see if calling Edward Jones can help fix the issue. It can't hurt to call them to see if they can correct the issue. Yes, I agree that Quicken should fix the issue. Edward Jones would be a short term fix and Quicken would be long term. Software is not perfect and there will be bugs. Take the short term and long term fixes.
  • The first attempt each morning gets me the error message and I click on "No I did not change my password." The second attempt is "successful" but only the balances update...the transactions don't download and I have an incorrect amounts in "Securities Values" and "Cash".
  • japander
    japander Member ✭✭
    I now see that my connection is hit or miss. It was working for a couple of days, then got an error downloading from EJ this morning. If it goes like last week, it will correct it self tomorrow. If it does not, I will call EJ again. Calling EJ is a short term fix, but Quicken needs to fix this issue in their software.
  • Qminer72
    Qminer72 Member ✭✭
    My first post was several weeks ago. About 1 week ago I contacted Ed Jones support with whom I shared shared two Quicken Connection Troubleshooting log files. The rep indicated I would receive a call if there were questions or when a solution is reached. They did not attempt a reset as others have mentioned. My monthly statement is available which prompted me to contact Quicken support today. After two file validations and connection attempts and sharing 4 Connection Troubleshooting log files the Quicken rep indicated his internal database shows there are connection issues between Quicken and the Ed Jones servers. Both companies are working to resolve the issue. When a solution is reached, he expects Quicken will post findings and instructions on the community discussion log. Meanwhile it does no harm to periodically try to connect. I may try some of the temporary fixes others have described since even one download would make reconciling July much easier. Windows 10 Enterprise subscription, V: R34.24; B: 27.1.34.24
  • Just changed EJ password but still get error CC-501. It's been a month.
    No one should have to settle for temp fixes; this needs to be resolved by Quicken.
    Windows 10 Enterprise subscription, V: R34.24; B: 27.1.34.24
  • Chris N
    Chris N Member
    edited August 2021
    I've been having this issue since early July as well. Am on Mac Version 6.3.0 (Build 603.40884.100). I called both Edward Jones and Quicken support today, and the issue is not resolved. I tried resetting the connections, changing the password to one with no special characters, creating a new Quicken file. I'm not on a VPN. I'm getting super frustrated. [removed - no soliciting]
  • nightowl1962
    nightowl1962 Member ✭✭
    Any news on this bug and how to fix it once and for all?
    Been waiting almost a month.
    I have latest update of Quicken R34.24 and Windows 7 Ultimate
  • PamG
    PamG Member
    This is also happening to me since July.
  • I resolved my issue with Edward Jones support this morning...stupid oversight on my part as I did change my EJ password to eliminate special characters but failed to update the password in my Password Vault. Once I made the change all the missing transactions from the past couple of months downloaded correctly and my Quicken is now in synch with Edward Jones.
  • japander
    japander Member ✭✭
    Mine is still working since I called EJ to help correct this issue. Yes, this is a quicken issue that they need to resolve, but the workaround did work for me.
  • Qminer72
    Qminer72 Member ✭✭
    I contacted Edward Jones about 7/26 and when my issue wasn't resolved on the phone and several days passed I decided to call Quicken Customer Service as described in my post dated Aug 3. There was no immediate resolution and the CSR escalated my service ticket. On Aug 7 when I launched Quicken I found every account that had been activated and functioning well for downloads was no longer activated. I was easily able to reactivate and download new transactions for TD Bank Checking, TD Bank Credit Card and Chase Visa Credit Card accounts. I didn't have time to test my Ed Jones Brokerage account until today. It reactivated and downloaded nominally using my previously established User ID and Password (that contains a special character). My contact on Aug 3 indicated he expected Quicken would post a fix notice - I've not seen one. Based on this experience, I think for me the effective step was my contact with Quicken Customer Support followed in 4 days by a "mystery reset". I'll post again if my downloads begin to fail.
  • nightowl1962
    nightowl1962 Member ✭✭
    UPDATE on my situation - I had not changed anything on my EJ in terms of passwords since the problem started July 7th, and accounts were never deactivated and the passwords were never changed.

This evening, when synching, I noticed the past months transactions downloaded. So it apparently was not a password or character issue and now seems fixed.
  • florybills
    florybills Member ✭✭
    One comment that @michael7572 made back on July 8th ending up solving it for me. I frequently updated Quicken at the end of my work day (home office), and frequently while I was connected to a VPN. This was the problem. As soon as I disconnected from my VPN, my Edward Jones accounts were able to update successfully, and I have not had any issues since.
  • Still an issue with T. Rowe Price and passwords over 10 characters although T. Rowe lets you set much longer passwords. Now on 35.31
  • I am having the same problem. I get the CC-501 error every time. I have deactivated Online services and tried to reconnect without success. Quicken notes (when it fails to log in) says it is Quicken that is unable to connect to the Quicken servers and not to contact Edward Jones. I spoke with Edward Jones, and the problem does not appear to be on their end. Last downloaded transaction was 7/19/21. I am running the latest version: R35.31, Build 27.1.35.31
  • buckeye102
    buckeye102 Member ✭✭
    same issue on 09Nov21. Been having the issue for 2+ mos now.
This discussion has been closed.