Credit Card transactions download but Quicken shows a 0 balance for the card

tsf
tsf Member ✭✭
All recent credit card transactions are properly downloaded. When I go to reconcile the account, Quicken indicates that the account balance is 0.

It isn't a connection problem, as new transactions show up with no problem.
I could manually enter the account balance as shown by the bank but I don't understand why Quicken would have the transactions but not update the balance.

Quicken v 6.2.2 Mac is on latest OS.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Hello @tsf

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties reconciling. I need a few more details to better assist you. For instance, are you using paper statements or an online balance to reconcile your account(s)? If you are using a paper statement, what was the ending statement date entered?  Is this occurring for only one account or multiple?

Once more details are provided we can move forward with diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • tsf
    tsf Member ✭✭
    I am using online balance. The banking institution indicates that the balance is $114.

When I select 'Reconcile this account' and 'use online balance' Quicken indicates that the balance is 0.00. I click the 'update balance' button but the amount remains 0. It downloads transactions with no problem and has transactions as recent as yesterday.

It's only this one credit card account. Other accounts (same institution) reconcile properly.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tsf

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.