Credit card payment

How can I connect multiple Chase credit cards and have them all reconcile together?
My credit accounts (all with the same Chase account) are set up essentially like this:

Chase Credit Card - (Parent Account)

Card 1 (1234) - (This card is treated as the main account number via Chase)
Card 2 (2345)

the business cards are connected to their accounts through Chase Online, each card will download its transactions.

Anytime I make a payment from my Checking Account to my Chase Credit Card account, it shows up in quicken as a payment from the Checking Account to only Card 1 so I am still showing a negative balance for card 2.
Tagged:

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I have a similar struggle with BofA.  A corporate card with an individual "subaccount" card underneath.  Spending went to the "subaccount" card with payments credited to the corporate card. So,  I removed the corporate card (which is never used for spending) from Quicken entirely.  I only left the "subaccount" card in Quicken. When payments are due, I send payment referencing the "subaccount" card account number and it gets credited as such.  This keeps payments and spending in one account.  Has worked okay last 5 years. 

Possible to apply this approach in your situation?
  • erranbrown
    erranbrown Member ✭✭
    I see what you are saying I don't know if I can do that. One of my problems is when it auto-downloads the transactions it separates them into different accounts. If I delete say the 2nd card, when it auto-downloads it will not show those transactions in the main account...
  • erranbrown
    erranbrown Member ✭✭
    edited July 5
    I have one account...One card for me one for my wife they both have different account numbers.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    ah, okay, so card 1 and card 2 have spending but only card 1 gets the payment credit.   Can you make 2 payments, one to each of the two account numbers?  Or would Chase still apply those two payments to Card 1? 
  • erranbrown
    erranbrown Member ✭✭
    edited July 5
    I can only make one payment and it only applies to card 1 and 2 when looking at chase. It is not even an option for me to make a payment on card 2 through chase. Now quicken only sees it as a payment for card 1. No payment shows up for card 2