Credit card payment

How can I connect multiple Chase credit cards and have them all reconcile together?
My credit accounts (all with the same Chase account) are set up essentially like this:

Chase Credit Card - (Parent Account)

Card 1 (1234) - (This card is treated as the main account number via Chase)
Card 2 (2345)

the business cards are connected to their accounts through Chase Online, each card will download its transactions.

Anytime I make a payment from my Checking Account to my Chase Credit Card account, it shows up in quicken as a payment from the Checking Account to only Card 1 so I am still showing a negative balance for card 2.
Tagged:

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I have a similar struggle with BofA.  A corporate card with an individual "subaccount" card underneath.  Spending went to the "subaccount" card with payments credited to the corporate card. So,  I removed the corporate card (which is never used for spending) from Quicken entirely.  I only left the "subaccount" card in Quicken. When payments are due, I send payment referencing the "subaccount" card account number and it gets credited as such.  This keeps payments and spending in one account.  Has worked okay last 5 years. 

Possible to apply this approach in your situation?
  • erranbrown
    erranbrown Member ✭✭
    I see what you are saying I don't know if I can do that. One of my problems is when it auto-downloads the transactions it separates them into different accounts. If I delete say the 2nd card, when it auto-downloads it will not show those transactions in the main account...
  • erranbrown
    erranbrown Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I have one account...One card for me one for my wife they both have different account numbers.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    ah, okay, so card 1 and card 2 have spending but only card 1 gets the payment credit.   Can you make 2 payments, one to each of the two account numbers?  Or would Chase still apply those two payments to Card 1? 
  • erranbrown
    erranbrown Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I can only make one payment and it only applies to card 1 and 2 when looking at chase. It is not even an option for me to make a payment on card 2 through chase. Now quicken only sees it as a payment for card 1. No payment shows up for card 2
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
    Did you ever get a solution to this?  I have a single Chase business credit card account in Quicken but actually there are individual cards for each family member/employee with unique account numbers.   Chase consumer account credit card downloads fine but not the business account which has individual account numbers.  I could set it up to create a different account in Quicken for each employee but then the payments to the master account don't reconcile.  So currently I just download the transactions directly from the website as a QFX file and import that way.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only get one statement for both (or all) cards and you can only make one payment which applies to both cards, in Quicken you should only have one card account register.
    To keep charges separate, either use specific categories or use Tags.
    If the cardholder name is downloaded as part of the payee name or memo text, try to set up Renaming Rules to differentiate between cardholders. You will need pairs of renaming rules to go with Memorized Payee List entries with distinct Payee Names to keep "Starbucks {John}" separate from "Starbucks {Jane}" charges, etc.
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
    One statement for all cards and only one payment made for all the associated business cards.  But direct connect does not work for the Chase business cards which each have a distinct account number or subnumber even though it works fine for the Chase consumer cards which share the same number.
This discussion has been closed.