show monthly account balances only

How do I get a report that shows the monthly account balance? For example, I want to see just the balance on a specific date every month for the past three months. This could be a credit card account or a checking account. I don't want all the details. I just want to see the history so I can project the future. The Bill & Income Spending has a graph that shows my checking accounts but that is not a report. I'd have to copy out each month.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I suggest you consider using a customize Account Balances report: select Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances, select a date range and an interval from the pull-down menus (for example, Last Quarter and Month).

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I suggest you consider using a customize Account Balances report: select Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances, select a date range and an interval from the pull-down menus (for example, Last Quarter and Month).
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For monthly intervals, Quicken always ends on the last day of the month; you can't specify a day of the month.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • CuriousAlice
    CuriousAlice Member
    Hi! Thanks for the response and partial answer. Do you have any idea of how to see monthly (end of the month) balances for credit card or other non-checking accounts?
  • CuriousAlice
    CuriousAlice Member
    I'd like to remove the above comment. I saw Jim_Harman's answer and replied to that before I saw Sherlocks. Both combined answered my question. Yes, I can get balances for the credit card accounts per Sherlocks reply. No, I cannot choose the date for the balances per Jim_Harman. Thank you both.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! Thanks for the response and partial answer. Do you have any idea of how to see monthly (end of the month) balances for credit card or other non-checking accounts?
    You may control the accounts included in the report: open the report, press Alt + C, select the Accounts tab, check the desired accounts, and select OK