PNC Credit Card Sync (one step update) misses about 1 in 15 debit transactions

I use Quicken to connect with multiple banks, credit cards, and investment accounts. All sync fine.

But my PNC credit card just misses some of the debit transactions and it has been doing so for 18 months. When I reconcile, I find an imbalance, so I go to the statement and find three or four transactions on the statement that were never downloaded during the sync.

Help!

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a solution, but I'm curious since I am considering PNC.  You call them "debit" transactions, are they debit card transactions or credit card transactions?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is consistent with my experience. I use online reconcile and reconcile daily so the missing transactions are somewhat less annoying to find. This, unfortunately is the nature of the beast when using Express Web Connect. You are at the mercy of a program performing a screen scrape of your bank info instead of a dedicated transaction link. 
    This has been reported numerous times and eventually closed as "resolved", which of course it is not.
    I can only suggest to reconcile more frequently to catch the missing transactions before they mount up. There a some payees that consistently are not downloaded, so I've come to know who to look for.
  • SamWilliamson
    SamWilliamson Member ✭✭
    Splasher: I should have said "expenses" instead of debits. I'm using a PNC credit card. It misses "expenses" but so far it doesn't miss payments or credits.

GeoffG: Yes, your answer makes sense. All my other connections are direct (as is my PNC checking account). Do you know why PNC insists on their Express Web Connect?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SamWilliamson Thanks for the clarification.  I would only be using checking and saving at PNC, so it is good to know that they work properly when they are Direct Connect.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason PNC uses EWC comes down to cost. There is a cost difference charged to banks by intuit who provides the service for Quicken. Fortunately, PNC uses DC for checking and savings which remains absolutely flawless, even for online bill payments AND online reconciliation.