Epson Rapid Receipt scanner, does it work with Quicken for Mac?

opt
opt Member ✭✭
Has anyone tried to use a device called Epson Rapid receipt scanner RR-600w to input their receipts into Quicken for Mac? The Epson manual says that it works with Quicken, but my Q-Mac says "the 'cash account' can only import gif files into empty documents". That does not make any sense to me....
Any ideas on what to do?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    In Quicken Mac, the only way to add a receipt document is to drag an attachment file onto a transaction, or use the Add Attachment menu command for a selected transaction. I doubt the Epson software can interact with Quicken Mac to automate that. I think you'd have to use the scanner to bring the attachment to your Desktop or Documents folder, and then add it to your selected Quicken transaction. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    In Quicken Mac, the only way to add a receipt document is to drag an attachment file onto a transaction, or use the Add Attachment menu command for a selected transaction. I doubt the Epson software can interact with Quicken Mac to automate that. I think you'd have to use the scanner to bring the attachment to your Desktop or Documents folder, and then add it to your selected Quicken transaction. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • opt
    opt Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I did the drag and drop into QM and it worked.
This discussion has been closed.