USAA download to Quicken issue

A couple of months ago, my USAA credit card transactions stopped downloading to Quicken. When I try to redo the online access, this gets to the "Activate One Step Update" page and then hangs q
Quicken with "Looking for your accounts at USAA Federal Saving Bank". I have to use task manager to terminate Quicken. Anyone else seen this issue?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I did a search of this forum going back to June 1 and found several posts by people who have been having connection/download issues with USAA but nothing that quite matches what you describe.  However, the hang issue might have a cause that is similar to what can cause error codes OL-295, OL-296 and OL-297.   You might want to review the Support article about these error codes: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297.  Maybe there is something in this article that will be helpful.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    I noticed that the Add Account process for USAA defaults to the Express Web Connect connection method.  But the USAA website says to connect with Direct Connect, instead.  Maybe that is what is causing your system to hang?
    I suggest that if you have not already done so, you might want to try Tools > Add Account > Advanced Options > Direct Connect > Next > follow the prompts.

Did this resolve your issue?

• sjyagel
    sjyagel Member ✭✭
    thanks for the info. It didn't make any difference. It must be something on MY PC, since no one else seems to be complaining. I have removed security apps, turned of the VPN, etc., etc., but have not been able to affect the issue. I was just hoping that someone else might have had a similar issue and had stumbled upon a solution.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    I did a search of this forum going back to June 1 and found several posts by people who have been having connection/download issues with USAA but nothing that quite matches what you describe.  However, the hang issue might have a cause that is similar to what can cause error codes OL-295, OL-296 and OL-297.   You might want to review the Support article about these error codes: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297.  Maybe there is something in this article that will be helpful.

• sjyagel
    sjyagel Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help! The part about allowing cookies in the settings seems to have corrected the issue. While I don't like to automatically accept cookies (I had it set to "Prompt"), when I changed to "Accept", I was able to reconnect my USAA credit card account to USAA. Something USAA changed a couple of months ago, I guess. Too bad Quicken Support couldn't supply this information two months ago when I first reported the issue.....
  • Boatnmaniac
    I'm glad your issue is resolved.  I don't like accepting all cookies, as well.  I don't know which browser you are using but I know with MS Edge and Firefox we can keep our default cookie setting set to "prompt" (or whichever option we choose) and can then make exceptions (to Block, Allow For Session or Allow) to that default cookie setting for specific websites.  You might want to explore that some.  If you can't set the cookie setting exception to allow for USAA or it does not work for USAA then you can always switch it back to Accept all cookies.