Two healthcare transactions in a check, only one date in a report. How do I fix?

rspoon754
rspoon754 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
:/ :#

Best Answer

Answers

• rspoon754
    rspoon754 Member ✭✭
    How do I get a date for each transaction in a report.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    there can only be one date for a transaction.... you could delete the transaction and reenter as two transactions, using the specific date for each one... but why do you want two dates? if the check was received on a given date, then that is the date of the transactions.  Not following. 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rspoon754,

Can you give me some additional information so that I can fully understand what you want to see? 

What "report" are you looking at?  What type of transaction is this - it sounds like it is either a check that you received (perhaps a remibursement) or one that issued ( a payment for healthcare services)?  There are ways to enter transactions that you may be able to use that will give you the details you want in a report.  Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like perhaps you paid for two doctor visits with one check and you want to be able to track them separately.

One way to do this would be to split the Category for the check, with one part of the split for the first visit and the other for the second visit. You can use the same category for each split. You would enter the date of each visit in the Memo field for each split.

Then in the Itemized Categories report for example, you will see a separate line for each visit.

If you really want Quicken to treat each visit as a separate transaction but just write one check, you could create a special "Pending payments" account similar to a credit card account. You would enter the individual visits there and when you pay the bill, you would enter it as a transfer into Pending payments account.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • rspoon754
    rspoon754 Member ✭✭
    Frank, here is more information. I have a social security check set up in quicken with deductions for taxes, Healthcare medicare and Healthcare medicare drug plan. I like to track my healthcare expenses for tax purposes and export the tax report to excel. When I export the tax report there is a date for Healthcare medicare but not for the drug plan expense. This is a problem because the excel spread sheet is linked to an access database and the query doesn't find the information without the date. The database is set up with reports so it is easier at the end of the year to file my taxes.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Aha. This occurs because when there is a split transaction, Quicken only populates the date on the first line of the split when exporting the report data.

See this Idea post for an opportunity to request an improvement, and a couple of possible work-arounds.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20187791
    QWin Premier subscription
  • rspoon754
    rspoon754 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Jim the excel shortcut worked great.
This discussion has been closed.