transaction register does not display

Options
I installed Quicken on new computer, and restored files from backups. The windows that show things like spending, etc. are there, but the transaction register is not being displayed so I can't see my transactions. How do I get this to display?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The typical way you move to a register or transaction list is to click on the Account you want to use in the Account Bar on the left or right side of the screen and the register or transaction list opens up.  What's happening when you do that?  What are you seeing instead of a register?  Blank screen?  Some sort of error message?
  • Richard Golden
    Richard Golden Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here, too. A 4 screen display appears: TOTAL VALUE, PORTFOLIO BY SECURITY, VALUE OVER TIME, and TOP MOVERS. Right click gives a menu — I've click all options but the register still will not appear.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Richard Golden - I think your investment account for some reason has switched to the simple tracking method. To get it back to complete tracking method, go to the General tab in Account Details and then reselect "Complete-Positions and Transactions".

Also double check this setting in Edit→Preferences→Investments→Other preferences.

If you don't want new investment accounts to default to Simple Investment method, make sure that it is unchecked.

This discussion has been closed.