How do I stop displaying future transactions in registers? [edited]

Options
ramaxsmith
ramaxsmith Member ✭✭
I have one credit card register which displays 3 months of future payments and charges. It has been doing this for a month or so. How do I get Quicken to stop this display until I enter the transaction? This has never happened before and does not happen with any of my other registers. There seems to be no "box to check" to get it to stop. Thanks.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Could it be that your credit card register is set to "show reminders as if they were future dated transactions already"?
    See settings in register:

If you can't find the little clock icon in the register use the gear icon and select "Reminders to show ..." instead.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I have one credit card register which displays 3 months of future payments and charges."
    The only way I can think of off hand to have future-dated entries showing up in a register if you're not entering them manually is via the use of "Reminders." 
    Do Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders and see if you don't have some reminders set up that are making these entries.  You could either delete these reminders or edit the reminder to have Quicken "alert" you that the reminder is due instead of making actual register entries 3 months in advance.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Could it be that your credit card register is set to "show reminders as if they were future dated transactions already"?
    See settings in register:

If you can't find the little clock icon in the register use the gear icon and select "Reminders to show ..." instead.

• ramaxsmith
    ramaxsmith Member ✭✭
    Options
    Perfect! You learn something every day. Thanks