Downloading share updates and prices going to the wrong fund

I have a 401k account where the fund administrator, (Prudential), changes the name of the security on occasion. Recently I thought this was occurring again when the fund name changed slightly. I had to make a decision during the download process on whether to accept the new fund name instead of the old one or setup a new fund. I chose to accept the new fund name as the same fund as the old name. Unfortunately, this time that was the wrong choice. The old funds were sold and new funds were purchased.

I manually cleaned up the transactions but now whenever I download new transactions the shares are added to the old account the prices updated under the old account. Is there a way to undo this? Is there some sort of renaming rule for securities that needs to be undone?

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you uncheck Matched with online security for the mismatched securities and correct their price history.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you uncheck Matched with online security for the mismatched securities and correct their price history.

• dlessmann
    dlessmann Member ✭✭
    Thank you. That answered my question and resolved the issue.
This discussion has been closed.