Why do downloaded transactions usually get assigned to the same incorrect payee?

Options
My downloaded transactions from Discover are regularly (a majority of the time) assigned to the same, incorrect payee. No category is assigned.

I must then go to my Discover accounts, identify the Payee by amount and update the Quicken entry.

This has been going on for several months. I've been thinking that a new release would fix the problem.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review the documentation on the subject: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/About+the+way+Quicken+suggests+categories+and+payees
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check your Renaming Rules for an entry with Payee Name = the incorrect name.
    Review and correct what this rule triggers on or delete the rule altogether.
  • rwclaggett
    rwclaggett Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    I deleted the rule: if "TX" then "Goodwill Cedar Park TX"
    Then I reviewed ALL my renaming rules.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please review your settings in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded transactions regarding Renaming Rules.
    IMHO, all 3 settings should be enabled.
    If you are automatically accepting downloaded transactions, it might be a good idea to turn this off for a while and manually review downloaded transactions for correct Payee Names and Categories prior to accepting them individually. That should help avoid another "TX" situation.
This discussion has been closed.