How to turn cloud sync off in Quicken for MAC?

Options
I don't want to use it at all. I want to download transactions manually and import into Quicken accounts manually. The directions to turn off cloud sync for Windows do not work for MAC.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts
    Turn Sync Off

Not that under Preferences > Connected Services, your Quicken is still connected to Quicken Cloud. This is always the case, even if you don't want to use Sync services. If you want to disconnect from the cloud account created while Sync was active, your can click Reset here to force it to generate a new cloud account. This does not sync your data, but every Quicken data file is linked to a cloud account for authentication purposes.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts
    Turn Sync Off

Not that under Preferences > Connected Services, your Quicken is still connected to Quicken Cloud. This is always the case, even if you don't want to use Sync services. If you want to disconnect from the cloud account created while Sync was active, your can click Reset here to force it to generate a new cloud account. This does not sync your data, but every Quicken data file is linked to a cloud account for authentication purposes.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Marysia
    Marysia Member
    Options
    Thank you for the explanation. In the end, I had to create a new cloud account--that was actually the problem. After I had created it and signed in, I was able to turn off sync. thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.