Duplicate Transactions and the same duplicates show up in Wrong Accounts also.

Options
retird
retird Member ✭✭✭✭
Getting duplicate transactions AGAIN from the bank. This time the transaction are made in an account(s) and two transactions show up in an account in which the transactions are not made.

The duplicate transactions show up as manual transactions and even in the wrong account. Contacted the Bank and they say it is a Quicken Issue. As with past issues I contact the bank and they say Quicken needs to fix it.

I call Quicken and they say it is the Banks problem so I still have issues that haven't been addressed starting in April of 2021. [removed - rant/speculation/disruptive]

So will these issues get fixed?

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @retird

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with duplicate transactions. I'm wondering what troubleshooting steps have you taken with support. Generally when we start getting duplicates it means we're having issues with downloaded ID's not attaching to the transactions. Since you're getting them on manual transactions that seems to be the case.

I'd recommend trying to deactivate and relink the accounts to that a fresh connection to the bank is established. Ideally doing this we shouldn't see any duplicates going forward. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you're able to find out.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went thru this with Quicken Support. Reinstalled Quicken, validated my file, deactivated and re-activated, and etc. What I don't understand is why I get manual transactions for a debit and a credit in an account where those transactions were not even made. The transactions were in 2 other accounts and those transactions are correct. Deleting the manual transactions from the account where they don't belong removes the valid transactions in the 2 accounts in which they were made. Quicken Support also made a TEST file and transactions were downloaded there also. The took logs and etc. Seems Quicken update solved the issue a while back but it is now back with the extra issue of duplicate transaction in an account that had those transactions at all.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    This screenshot shows the uncleared transactions as they were downloaded from the bank. I entered no manual transactions in any account. Neither transaction was made in this account. They offset each other but when you delete them it deletes the 2 transactions properly made and cleared from the 2 accounts they were made in.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hum no comments??? and no solution????

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm thinking the 2 proper transactions in the right account are entered as TRANSFERS to this wrong account.  Check the Category listed on the real transactions.   

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No they were not.... The transfer was from 1 account to another and they were properly shown in those 2 accounts. The screenshot shows the transfers both in and out of an account that was not even a part of the transaction..

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And the transactions shown in the screenshot are not listed at all at the bank in the account shown in the screenshot. Quicken placed them there in error. Reported to Quicken and logs sent...

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    retird said:
    hum no comments??? and no solution????
    You haven't presented enough information here to do anything other than make a wild guesses.  Even if we had all the information that Quicken support got, it would probably still be a great deal of speculation.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/