Investment account in mobile app contains shares of a stock only held in a different account

After mobile sync in Quicken for Windows I noticed that in the mobile app the investing balance was excessive. Upon closer inspection I found that a Vanguard Brokerage account contained shares of a stock that is held in a different investing account only. There are discussions of this issue in the past, but I could not find a solution. I am running ver R35.26, Build 27.1.35.26, Win 10 Enterprise.

I have gone to preferences, Quicken Id and cloud accounts, to check data set name and file name. They match except the .QDF is removed from the data set name. I have reset cloud data under mobile and web preferences, and I looked for any hidden transactions in the Vanguard account. None of these steps fixed the problem.

Finally I deleted the account holding the stock shares from the mobile sync. This did "fix" the issue of these shares being added to the Vanguard Brokerage Account in the mobile app. However, a mutual fund from a different account appeared in its place in the Vanguard Brokerage Account.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @bigellio

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your mobile app. That is weird that it's syncing from other accounts. I'm wondering if we might be able to correct the issue by unsyncing all your brokerage accounts then resyncing them. 

You can do this by going to the mobile and web tab. From there in the bottom right select (x) accounts not yet synced. Click on the blue area and unselect all of the brokerage accounts. Hit update accounts. From here we'll want to resync them but in this case sync the one account we're having trouble with. Double check to see if we have the same issue. If we don't then proceed on syncing the rest of the accounts and we'll see if the same issue happens.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• bigellio
    bigellio Member
    I tried something similar before, but tried again. I removed all investment accounts and then added the one brokerage account and synced. Ok to that point. I then added two other investment accounts and synced. The same error occurred. A holding in one of the other investment accounts was added to the brokerage account in question.
  • bigellio
    bigellio Member
    This seems to occur when there are 3 or more investment accounts. I removed the two accounts again and then added only one back. The brokerage account was still correct. Adding a third account caused the error again.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @bigellio

Thanks for the update. That is quite interesting that the sync only starts having issues on 3 or more brokerage accounts synced. One thing we can do so this gets brought to our attention would be to submit feedback in the mobile app. This will let our mobile team know more. You can do so by going into the mobile app and selecting the three lines in the top left. From there select the feedback option and you can include a small write up on the issue,

This does give our team the mobile logs so they're able to see but it it's not a quick fix. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • bigellio
    bigellio Member
    I have sent feedback as instructed.
This discussion has been closed.