AIG Retirement Services - VALIC not working. (Mac) [Edited]

cpiemonti
cpiemonti Member ✭✭
All my AIG accounts stop working this week. They usually work during business hours, but this week I failed any attempt to reestablish a connection. When going directly to the institution website (https://www.aigrs.com/) I can log in and see my accounts w/o any issue. I tried to establish a Direct Connect as 'AIG Retirement Services - VALIC', but after typing credentials, I get a 'General Error' on every attempt. Quicken for Mac v6.3.2 (Build 603.41003.100). Please help. Thank you.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @cpiemonti For best help with this issue, you may want to contact Quicken Support, via phone or chat. The phone representatives can share your Quicken screen to see what you're seeing and/or have you upload log files if they need to escalate this to their connectivity team.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @cpiemonti For best help with this issue, you may want to contact Quicken Support, via phone or chat. The phone representatives can share your Quicken screen to see what you're seeing and/or have you upload log files if they need to escalate this to their connectivity team.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cpiemonti
    cpiemonti Member ✭✭
    From a Quicken Support representative after I provided a log file this morning:

"Thanks for the information. I have checked the information in the log files, I am getting the following:
    OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>2000<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>General Error</STATUS><DTSERVER>20210826061213.787[-5:CDT]<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>valic.com<FID>77019</FI></SONRS></

This error is located in the OFX log all the way at the bottom. I replicated this error on my Quicken using fake credentials and I’m getting back the General Error. It seems is related with the bank server which is not accepting the access for the moment. So, it would be necessary to wait 24/48 hrs and try to connect again.

Also, you can contact your bank directly to discard any possible issue in their end, taking in consideration they only offer Direct connect, they have the full control of this connection. If by any chance the OFX team from the bank ask you for the error, you can go to Quicken select Help> Show Log files in Finder and open the OFX log, scroll down all the way at the bottom and show the error I mentioned above."
  • cpiemonti
    cpiemonti Member ✭✭
    A Quicken support agent replied the following after I sent her an OFX log file.

"Thanks for the information. I have checked the information in the log files, I am getting the following:

OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>2000<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>General Error</STATUS><DTSERVER>20210826061213.787[-5:CDT]<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>valic.com<FID>77019</FI></SONRS></

This error is located in the OFX log all the way at the bottom. I replicated this error on my Quicken using fake credentials and I’m getting back the General Error. It seems is related with the bank server which is not accepting the access for the moment. So, it would be necessary to wait 24/48 hrs and try to connect again.

Also, you can contact your bank directly to discard any possible issue in their end, taking in consideration they only offer Direct connect, they have the full control of this connection. If by any chance the OFX team from the bank ask you for the error, you can go to Quicken select Help> Show Log files in Finder and open the OFX log, scroll down all the way at the bottom and show the error I mentioned above."

I hope this helps to clarify this issue a little more.
This discussion has been closed.