Custom report in Q2007 by cleared status. Is this present in "modern" Quicken???

Sorry for what is likely a dumb question, but we just converted from awesome Quicken 2007 to the current subscription version. The new software has some very nice features, but as a long-time user of Q2007 I've been "hardwired" to do certain things that I have not been able to find in the current version of Quicken for Mac. This functionality may indeed be there but I'm too senile to find it, so please bear with me.

Q2007 let one generate a report by cleared, uncleared, and reconciled (please see attached .png).

I can't find that in modern Quicken (also attached).

Am I missing something?

Thank you!
1.png 40.5K
2.png 187.9K

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    To do this, make sure the Clr column is visible in your register. (Click the Columns icon in the bottom toolbar if it isn't, and select it.)

If you want to limit the date range of transactions, set a date filter, such as Year to Date or any specific date range. 

Now click on the Clr column heading, which will cause the displayed transactions sorted by Clear status (green checkmark=posted, blue checkmark=cleared, or blank=uncleared). Clicking a second time will reverse the set.

You can then print eat transactions if you wish. If you want to print only some of the list -- e.g. nuclear transactions --select just those transactions, then print.

(Remember to remove the filters and click on the Date Heading to set your sort order back to date order when you are done.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• LargeDoggie
    LargeDoggie Member ✭✭
    Sorry for what is likely a dumb question, but we just converted from awesome Quicken 2007 to the current subscription version. The new software has some very nice features, but as a long-time user of Q2007 I've been "hardwired" to do certain things that I have not been able to find in the current version of Quicken for Mac. This functionality may indeed be there but I'm too senile to find it, so please bear with me.

QuickReport was, IMHO, an incredibly useful feature in Quicken 2007 (images attached).

I can't find that tool in modern Quicken.

Am I missing something?

Thank you!
    1.png 12.6K
    2.png 15.3K
    3.png 18.7K
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    To do this, make sure the Clr column is visible in your register. (Click the Columns icon in the bottom toolbar if it isn't, and select it.)

If you want to limit the date range of transactions, set a date filter, such as Year to Date or any specific date range. 

Now click on the Clr column heading, which will cause the displayed transactions sorted by Clear status (green checkmark=posted, blue checkmark=cleared, or blank=uncleared). Clicking a second time will reverse the set.

You can then print eat transactions if you wish. If you want to print only some of the list -- e.g. nuclear transactions --select just those transactions, then print.

(Remember to remove the filters and click on the Date Heading to set your sort order back to date order when you are done.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LargeDoggie
    LargeDoggie Member ✭✭
    Sweet. Very simple and elegant. I like it!

As always, many, many thanks for taking the time to share your expertise; it's much appreciated :)
This discussion has been closed.