Adjust Date of Manual Reconciliation???

Sorry for what is likely a dumb question, but we just converted from awesome Quicken 2007 to the current subscription version. The new software has some very nice features, but as a long-time user of Quicken 2007 (Q2007) I've been "hardwired" to do certain things that I have not been able to find in the current version of Quicken for Mac. This functionality may indeed be there but I'm too senile to find it, so please bear with me.

We always manually reconciled bank accounts in Q2007. If one got around to reconciling a credit card statement on August 31 that was finalized on August 16 it was easy to enter August 16 in the reconciliation process (please see attached in the "As of:" fields) (dates were chosen randomly for this example).

In Quicken 2021 it seems to default to today's date, rather than the statement date (please also see attached).

Is there a way to manually set the reconciliation date to the statement date rather than today's date?

Thank you very much!
1.png 25.5K
2.png 7.6K

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    When I reconcile an account, I select Use Statement Balance and select any ending date I choose. That carries over to the next window.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @LargeDoggie  I reconcile my accounts manually just as Jon explained above. If you are not seeing the first screen above, you should have a Back button; press that to land on the screen where you can enter the statement ending date.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    When I reconcile an account, I select Use Statement Balance and select any ending date I choose. That carries over to the next window.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @LargeDoggie  I reconcile my accounts manually just as Jon explained above. If you are not seeing the first screen above, you should have a Back button; press that to land on the screen where you can enter the statement ending date.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LargeDoggie
    LargeDoggie Member ✭✭
    Weird; I was "sure" that I didn't see that option before, just the one with no option for date entry.

Regardless, thanks to you both for your help and input!

And for anyone else out there who is clueless like me and prone to user error, I found the option via 2 different methods here:
    1.png 135.9K
    2.png 11.6K
This discussion has been closed.