My Memorized Payee List becomes Corrupted every time I Sync to Cloud for Quicken Mobile

Options
wcbeaty
wcbeaty Member ✭✭
This behavior has been reported repeatedly for a year. When will it be corrected? the worst examples of corruption include: Categories being deleted, splits being deleted, multiple copies of Memorized Transactions being added to the list, and entire payees being deleted from the list. This kind of corruption plays havoc with Scheduled Transactions.

Best Answer

• tobysimmons
    tobysimmons Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yep, seeing the same ... syncing to the Quicken Cloud creates loads of corruption in the file (mostly inter-account transfers, especially if one of those accounts uses "Express Web Connect") ... What I decided to do was get rid of both issues:

1. Restore the last known good (validated without errors) file (DO NOT SYNC).
    2. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts; there will likely be an error, I selected "Sign in as a different user" (AGAIN, WITHOUT SYNCING).
    3. Go through the whole "Welcome" page, click Done.
    4. Go to Edit -> Preference -> Mobile & Web and toggle Sync to OFF.
    5. Go to my "Express Web Connect" account and disable that as well. I will just manually reconcile that one.

So far, I have not had any more corruption.

P.S. Quicken Cloud + Express Web Connect is evil.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you are using multiple Quicken files, I suggest you make certain they are uniquely identified by using a copy of the file.  You will need to establish the Online Services for the new files: select File > Copy or Backup File...

If you only are using one Quicken file, I suggest you reset the cloud account.  If the issue persists, I suggest you delete the cloud accounthttps://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

If the issue still persists, I suggest you use a copy of the file: see above.
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I've tried your exact idea Sherlock, in fact I tried it for (I forget what umpteenth time) again a week ago. I tried resetting my single account, corruption still happens. I then deleted my cloud account per the instructions in the linked help file. First time I sync it looked fixed (yea!!). Upon the 2nd sync of the new cloud account file I get data corruption yet again, I get accounts corrupted and not just memorized transactions wiped out.

Funny thing is this happens when I sync *the identical file* twice, I'm able to reproduce it. It happened every time I've tried it after creating a new cloud account.

At least in my experience the advice I've found in FAQs and this forum never worked. The only solution isn't really a solution, I had to disable cloud sync even though I want to use it (and paid for it). I sure wish this was fixed now pushing a year later after first reported I don't get how from a fresh cloud account in particular I get the same kind of corruption each time (3 same accounts are always the ones affected with the same wrong account totals always on that 2nd sync).
  • tobysimmons
    tobysimmons Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yep, seeing the same ... syncing to the Quicken Cloud creates loads of corruption in the file (mostly inter-account transfers, especially if one of those accounts uses "Express Web Connect") ... What I decided to do was get rid of both issues:

1. Restore the last known good (validated without errors) file (DO NOT SYNC).
    2. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts; there will likely be an error, I selected "Sign in as a different user" (AGAIN, WITHOUT SYNCING).
    3. Go through the whole "Welcome" page, click Done.
    4. Go to Edit -> Preference -> Mobile & Web and toggle Sync to OFF.
    5. Go to my "Express Web Connect" account and disable that as well. I will just manually reconcile that one.

So far, I have not had any more corruption.

P.S. Quicken Cloud + Express Web Connect is evil.
  • mcg31168
    mcg31168 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had the same problems for over a year. Does Quicken even acknowledge that this is a problem?
  • bsgcic
    bsgcic Member
    Options
    3/24/2022 This is still a problem. Even resetting the cloud still results in the same problems. Cannot see a Memorized Payee List in the cloud. It is as if a cloud version is overwriting the local Memorized Payee List. Does Intuit have enough QA/Development staff?
  • bsgcic
    bsgcic Member
    Options
    It appears to remove content in the Memorized Payee List that was manually updated by opening the Memorized Payee List (Ctrl T). Not sure if it also affects the entries that were automatically entered into the list from the register. I have since turned off the automatic entry into the list due to issues with that feature.
This discussion has been closed.