How to get printing and display to work properly at the same time?

I recently got a high DPI monitor. Quicken displays on it just fine, print, windows, icons -- everything is sharp and a convenient size. But I was surprised that when I went to print a report, even using the Quicken PDF export version of print, the result was as if everything was scrunched down and compressed on a page.

I searched support and found this page:
https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-printing-problems

I followed the instructions for the section "If Report Printing is too Small" by changing the "High DPI Scaling Behavior" as described. I was skeptical, because why should monitor DPI scaling behavior have anything to do with printing or export? But it turns out the page was correct. It did fix the messed-up printing.

However, that same "fix" for the printing messed up the display of the interactive program. Window borders, titles, app menu, and icon ribbons all got way too small and also overlapped each other. THe program simply doesn't render properly with this setting.

So I undid the changes I made to print properly, and the program now renders correctly on my screen, but printing is again broken.

How do I get a SINGLE setting allow printing to work and program display to work?

This does not seem like too tall of an ask!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you referring to the print preview, or actual printing on paper?

If it is just the print preview, you can make it look correct at the expense of everything else on your screen looking tiny by changing the windows display setting "Scale and Layout" to 100%.   
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you referring to the print preview, or actual printing on paper?

If it is just the print preview, you can make it look correct at the expense of everything else on your screen looking tiny by changing the windows display setting "Scale and Layout" to 100%.   
    QWin Premier subscription
  • TheGolux
    TheGolux Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Jim_Harman - you are correct - it was in fact just the preview that was wrong, not the result of the print or export. I guess I'm in the habit of always looking at previews and trying not to waste paper. So this is definitely a workaround, but it seems like a crummy one. I don't see this problem in any other software I am using on my system. I would hope that Quicken would consider this a bug to be fixed. But in the meantime, thanks for the workaround.
  • I have the same issue. It would be helpful to have the print preview render accurately without messing up the on-screen display.
This discussion has been closed.