All my transactions are suddenly showing up as grouped by category alphabetically rather than as I

than as I entered them. How do I get back to the way I originally entered them?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You apparently clicked on the Category heading. Clicking on any category heading sorts the visible transactions by that field -- in this case Category. (Clicking on the same heading again will sort in the opposite direction.) To go back to your normal date order, just click on the date heading. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You apparently clicked on the Category heading. Clicking on any category heading sorts the visible transactions by that field -- in this case Category. (Clicking on the same heading again will sort in the opposite direction.) To go back to your normal date order, just click on the date heading. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Thanks. That did the trick.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The column that's being sorted on will have a small up or down caret displayed on the right end of the column header:

If it's pointing up that means the column is sorted in ascending order, if it's pointed down then it's in descending order. So if the register seems to be sorted in a weird order, just look for that symbol.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.