unreconciliating balances from 2 months back

Options
how do I go back and change a reconciliation from 2 months ago. Seem I made a mistake on the July recon and now its effecting my current balance. Can you help ?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Generally, the easiest way to undo a change in a Quicken file is to restore a backup of the Quicken file saved before the change was made.

The only way reconciliation should change the current balance is if you edited the amount of a transaction or accepted an adjustment transaction.

Note: If you reset the transactions' Cleared (aka Clr) field from Reconciled (R) to Cleared (c) or Uncleared, and the transactions become available to be reconciled again.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Generally, the easiest way to undo a change in a Quicken file is to restore a backup of the Quicken file saved before the change was made.

The only way reconciliation should change the current balance is if you edited the amount of a transaction or accepted an adjustment transaction.

Note: If you reset the transactions' Cleared (aka Clr) field from Reconciled (R) to Cleared (c) or Uncleared, and the transactions become available to be reconciled again.
  • mjbarr3
    mjbarr3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Sherlock, I just entered a reverse transaction in the same amount to get my balance closer to what my bank says and my comfort zone. I must have accepted a bal adjust, but I can't / don't now why. But I'll keep looking and resolve this b4 my next reconciliation.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mjbarr3 said:
    Thanks for the reply Sherlock, I just entered a reverse transaction in the same amount to get my balance closer to what my bank says and my comfort zone. I must have accepted a bal adjust, but I can't / don't now why. But I'll keep looking and resolve this b4 my next reconciliation.
    To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was previously reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.

This discussion has been closed.