Problem with Uploads into Quicken from Ally Bank

Uploads successful, but no transactions are shown after JUNE 30?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Congie66

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues downloading from your Ally Bank accounts. It sounds like they may need to be reset so we're able to get connectivity again. I'll leave steps down below on how to deactivate and link them to Quicken. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.  You'll want to make sure you're using the add account option then linking to an existing account.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• congie66
    congie66 Member ✭✭
    Hi, sorry for the interlude! I followed the instr on the two links - did not work.
    Is it because I need to actually DELETE THE OLD acc't after deactivating??
    I am reluctant to do that w/o professional advice. thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you do not need to delete the old account register after deactivation. That would delete all the old transactions and you don't want to do that. When reactivating the accounts you should be able to LINK the existing account registers to the accounts at the bank.
    Please tell us more about the "did not work" situation.
    What error messages or other symptoms do you get when trying to deactivate or reactivate?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

• congie66
    congie66 Member ✭✭
    thanks! I was able to link one of 2 quicken accounts to Ally Bank, but
    It only shows back to june 2021.
    My 2nd Quicken acc't goes back years, but cannot find how to link the two internally?
    Objective is to show ALL history.
    It's not under the Tool bar....
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    congie66 said:
    thanks! I was able to link one of 2 quicken accounts to Ally Bank, but
    It only shows back to june 2021.
    My 2nd Quicken acc't goes back years, but cannot find how to link the two internally?
    Objective is to show ALL history.
    It's not under the Tool bar....
    Instead of adding a new register, you should link the account to the existing register.  I suggest you restore a backup and try again. 

Alternately, you may move all the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset any memorized payees and reminders referencing the original register, delete the original register, and rename the new register.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?