Unable to download my bank transaction from Schools First Federal Credit Union

My issue recently started. Is there a recommended fix for this issue that will not duplicate the transactions already downloaded? In addition, I noticed before the inability to download anything, that some of the transactions that did download did not associate with the correct account.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you getting an error code?  If so, what is it?
    Also, an Alert for this credit union was posted yesterday.  Maybe your download issue is related to this?:  

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• pattydog
    pattydog Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help. I am going to assume the CC501 issue mentioned is the issue. I hope it is resolved soon as the End of the Quarter is a couple of weeks away.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Sometimes these things get resolved quickly and sometimes they do not. 
    One thing these Alerts rarely do is inform us as to whether the issue is consistent or if it is intermittent.  Hopefully for you this is an intermittent issue.
    I suggest that you keep trying OSU each day.  And if OSU does not work, go to the account register, click on the upper right gear icon and then click on Update Now.  Update Now is the same as OSU except it updates just the specific account.  It will sometimes work when OSU does not, especially when it is an intermittent issue.

• pattydog
    pattydog Member ✭✭
    Again, Thank you for your assistance. When I tried to update this time I received the attached error message:
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2021
    This could still be part of what the Alert is about since it is a similar error code but it might be something different.  So, you might want to try doing the following:
    1. Back up your data file in case something goes wrong.
    2. Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.  Sometimes (not usually) the Reset Account process might prompt you to link what is downloaded to the appropriate account(s) in Quicken.  If this does not fix the issue, proceed to the next step.
    3. This step sometimes does result (not always) in duplicate transactions being downloaded (I know you do not want that but....):  Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General tab > remove all Financial Institution information in the top right quadrant.  If you have more than one account with this CU, repeat this process for each one.
    4. Select one of the accounts with this CU:  Account Details > Online Services tab > Set Up Now.  Follow the prompts and be sure to link the download with the appropriate account(s) in Quicken.  If any duplicates get entered into the register(s) they will need to be manually deleted.
    If you want you can also read the following Support Article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-cc-506.  It pretty much says the same things that I've mentioned so far.

If none of this works, then I suspect it is a good indication that the issue of the Alert is affecting you.  You can then either try setting up the account(s) again tomorrow or restore you backup file and try OSU/Update Now with that.