New credit card account keeps defaulting to "checking" account rather than credit card.

I just got a new Apple Credit Card and when I add a new account, it exists in the pull-down of banks so I thought this is easy. The issue is that Quicken defaults it to a "checking" account rather than a credit card account. When I go to edit the account, it can't be changed to credit card. What am I doing wrong? I have four other cards and never had a problem adding them.

thanks!

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @jsperino,

I believe that I've seen this issue before for Apple cards.  Here's a work-around that should work; I suggest that you do the following:

1) Click the "+"  (or "Add Accounts");
    2) In the "Search for your financial institution" window, select the "+Offline Account" tab; (I know you want to connect it - we'll do that later);
    4) In the "Add offline account" window, select "Credit Card";
    5) Enter the Name of the account > select the appropriate "used primarily for" button and click "Next";
    6) Enter your last statement ending date and the balance from that statement and click "Next";
    7) Click "Finish".

Now, open up the account register for the new account and click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right.

1) Select "Edit Account Details";
    2) Select the "Online Services" tab;
    3) Click "Set Up Now";
    4) Enter the name of the "Financial Institution" and then click on the correct card in the results list and click "Next";
    5) Enter your "User Name / User ID" and then enter your "Password" and click "Connect";
    6) Enter the appropriate Q Nickname (if applicable), and the Action should be "Add to Quicken". Then click "Next"
    7) You should get an "Account Added" window - click "Finish" and you're done.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @jsperino,

I believe that I've seen this issue before for Apple cards.  Here's a work-around that should work; I suggest that you do the following:

1) Click the "+"  (or "Add Accounts");
    2) In the "Search for your financial institution" window, select the "+Offline Account" tab; (I know you want to connect it - we'll do that later);
    4) In the "Add offline account" window, select "Credit Card";
    5) Enter the Name of the account > select the appropriate "used primarily for" button and click "Next";
    6) Enter your last statement ending date and the balance from that statement and click "Next";
    7) Click "Finish".

Now, open up the account register for the new account and click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right.

1) Select "Edit Account Details";
    2) Select the "Online Services" tab;
    3) Click "Set Up Now";
    4) Enter the name of the "Financial Institution" and then click on the correct card in the results list and click "Next";
    5) Enter your "User Name / User ID" and then enter your "Password" and click "Connect";
    6) Enter the appropriate Q Nickname (if applicable), and the Action should be "Add to Quicken". Then click "Next"
    7) You should get an "Account Added" window - click "Finish" and you're done.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jsperino
    jsperino Member
    Frankx,

Your guidance worked like a charm!

Thank you so much!!

jsperino
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jsperino,

Happy to help!  Have a great weekend.

Frankx