Projected Balances screen shows "Nothing Scheduled for this period" for transactions
GeoDosch Windows Beta Beta
edited September 23 in Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
This is a very old issue, and was previously discussed elsewhere, such as this thread. However, that discussion was closed (and most of the posted deleted), but the underlying issue was never resolved.
The problem is that when the projected balance screen pop-up detail shows the transactions affecting the balance, it only shows reminders that have not yet been entered into the register. It is very easy to reproduce the problem:
- Open the "Bills & Income" tab, and make sure "Include paid" is checked, and that there is an upcoming transaction shown
- Select the "Projected Balances sub-tab, and make sure the account for the transaction in #1 is included
- On the date for the example transaction, click the dot on the graph line, and the pop-up should show that transaction
- Go back to the "Bills, Income & Transfers" sub-tab and enter the example transaction into the register
- Repeat steps 2 & 3. The pop-up will still show the correct balance change, but instead of the transaction it shows "Nothing Scheduled for this period"
It seems that the query is only looking for pending transactions, but the information is all there, based on the Bill view, and that the Project Balances graph does identify each of them w/ the 'dot' and balance change; it's just the detail pop-up that's not finding them.
Hopefully this can be fixed in an upcoming release.