Projected Balances screen shows "Nothing Scheduled for this period" for transactions

Options
This is a very old issue, and was previously discussed elsewhere, such as this thread. However, that discussion was closed (and most of the posted deleted), but the underlying issue was never resolved.

The problem is that when the projected balance screen pop-up detail shows the transactions affecting the balance, it only shows reminders that have not yet been entered into the register.  It is very easy to reproduce the problem:
  1. Open the "Bills & Income" tab, and make sure "Include paid" is checked, and that there is an upcoming transaction shown
  2. Select the "Projected Balances sub-tab, and make sure the account for the transaction in #1 is included
  3. On the date for the example transaction, click the dot on the graph line, and the pop-up should show that transaction
  4. Go back to the "Bills, Income & Transfers" sub-tab and enter the example transaction into the register
  5. Repeat steps 2 & 3.  The pop-up will still show the correct balance change, but instead of the transaction it shows "Nothing Scheduled for this period"
It seems that the query is only looking for pending transactions, but the information is all there, based on the Bill view, and that the Project Balances graph does identify each of them w/ the 'dot' and balance change; it's just the detail pop-up that's not finding them.

Hopefully this can be fixed in an upcoming release.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @GeoDosch

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I tried replicating the steps you have listed here and also was able to replicate it. I don't have access to all my tools today but I can see about reporting the issue once I am able to.

I'll let you know more once I have more information on reporting the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @GeoDosch

Thank you again for listing the steps on how to recreate the issue. We've gone ahead and escalated the issue on our side. The ticket number will be CTP-2732. If there are any updates I'll update them here as well.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • GeoDosch
    GeoDosch Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    @Francisco, thanks for your attention to this!  I'll keep monitoring this topic for updates.
This discussion has been closed.