OL-293 error when updating Regions

This discussion was created from comments split from: OL-293-A.

Comments

• For the last couple of days, I get error message OL-293-A when attempting to update accounts with Regions. Is there a problem?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RogerBear

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. At the moment I do not see an open alert for Regions Bank. Apart from the error code OL-293, are you getting any other error codes or messages? I highly recommend contacting your financial institution for assistance on this issue since an error code OL-293 indicates that the issue is coming from the bank's servers. 

For more information and troubleshooting steps regarding error code OL-293 please visit the link below.  

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-293-or-ol-294

Hope this helps. Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RogerBear - I did a quick search in Community for any/all error codes with Regions during this month.  There was only one other that I found but there was no resolution noted in that thread.
    Often when this OL-293 error code comes up it is because the Financial Institution is doing some system maintenance or is having some sort of system issue and the problem will go away on its own when the maintenance is done or the system issue has been resolved.
    It this has been happening for a few days, especially during the work week, you might want to try taking the following steps.  If the system maintenance has been completed or system issue has been resolved, then one of these steps could very well resolve the issue for you:
    1. Try Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now).  This sometimes works when OSU fails, especially with some error codes like OL-293.
    2. If that does not work, then you could try Reset Account (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account).
    3. It that does not work, they you could try Deactivate/Reactivate (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set up now).  Be sure to use the Regions Bank link to get Direct Connect and not the Regions Bank - Web Connect link or you will not get Direct Connect.  During this process Quicken might prompt you to make a decision regarding what to do with the data that was downloaded.  If this happens, make sure that you select Link to account and the select the account that is already in Quicken.  This process might also add transactions to the account register that are duplicates of what was previously entered.  If this happens, the duplicates will need to be manually deleted.
    If none of these steps resolve the issue for you and since this has been a problem for a few days, then I suggest you contact Regions because something might be wrong on their end which only they can resolve.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)